Updated Tuesday 24 March 3pm
We are monitoring the outbreak of COVID-19 and want to respond in wise and loving ways, especially for the most vulnerable. Following advice from Public Health England, NHS and the Church of England, we are taking steps to ensure we keep our congregations, staff team, volunteers and event attendees as safe as we can.
Services and Events
*New information on Sunday Worship
The Archbishops of York & Canterbury have advised that all acts of public worship are to be postponed until further notice.
We have also be told that our building are to be shut to the public until further notice. The advice is that only the Vicar, if they live next door, is able to enter the building.
We will continue to meet via the online Platform Zoom and live streaming. We recommend that you download this free video streaming software to your computer and make an account. It's simple to use and you will be able to attend services.
We will continue to communicate via email, Facebook and WhatApp.
What you can do:
- Follow Government advice regarding self isolation: Currently the request is that you stay at home for a period of 14 days if you have either a hight temperature or a new, continuous cough. This NHS guide to taking your temperature may be of use.
- Let us know, and tell others in the community if you are in isolation so we can support you in whatever ways we can.
- Please do not travel to St Andrew's at this time, as it will be closed.
- To help prevent the spread of infection, please follow general best practice as outlined by Public Health England.
What we are doing:
- We want to support those affected by the outbreak and will be praying regularly for those we know are suffering in our community. In addition, we want to do the utmost when it comes to tending to the practical needs of those affected. Please do get in touch to let us know if you or another member of the community is in need so we can try to help.
- We have created an online help bank to try and link people up to those who will need support and help when they are isolated. If you feel able to offer help, support or resources then please fill in the form here.
- All Staff team and volunteers who are displaying symptoms, are being asked to stay away from serving - in line with the Government’s self isolation advice.
Please note, we will add any further updates to this page. In the meantime, please stay safe, be kind where you can and let's love and serve those around us.